TURNOUT INSPECTION - FOR BEST TURNED OUT HORSE AND RIDER
There will be a sign-up sheet at the Volunteer Booth.
Includes check of the following:
· Rider’s turnout– not the most expensive - just correct fit – especially the helmet, clean & approptriate attire, including boots.
· Condition of the horse, body condition, cleanliness, healthy coat in show turnout, thorough grooming, and hoof care.
· Tack– correct fit of saddle, bridle & saddle pad, cleanliness and condition of leather etc.
Prizes offered in three age groups
Below is a list of what the judges will be checking so you know in advance.
- Safe, clean and neat attire
- Appropriate attire
- Correct helmet adjustment
- No inappropriate jewelry
- Boots clean and in good repair
- Spurs (if used) polished & fitted correctly
- Body condition – including correct muscle
- Well groomed and with healthy coat
- Mane and tail clean & tangle free
- Feet - well trimmed or well shod / picked out
- Eyes, nose, lips and dock clean
- Sheath/udder showing regular care
- Clean, & supple, reflecting regular care,
- No jockeys or dirt / metal parts - clean
- Good fit & size - suitable for work done
- Safety: stirrup bars, bit, girth, stitiching
- Well adjusted: bits & noseband & girth,
- All stress points clean - no cracked leather
- Saddle pad - clean & good fit
GENERAL IMPRESSION & KNOWLEDGE